In this video interview with Emmett Miller MD, Patt Lind-Kyle describes how she uses an EEG machine to monitor brain waves states and help people increase their awareness about achieving a balanced brain wave state. Patt discusses the 4 brainwave frequencies: beta, alpha, theta, delta
In Segment 5 of Patt Lind-Kyle’s interview with Dr. Emmett Miller of Healing Times Radio, Patt talks about:
- What is the brainwave frequency called beta, what is its frequency, what does it do to the mind and what kind of behavior does one have while in beta?
- How does one reduce fast brain waves to calm the system and move into the brainwave frequency for strategic thinking (at 15 Hz within the beta range)?
- What happens around 12 Hz with our attention and ability to focus/concentrate?
In the book Heal the Mind, Rewire the Brain, Patt looks at these 3 areas and suggests exercises to manage these brainwave states:
1) Learning to relax the entire body in order to get to know the body and reduce pain
2) Using the CD’s to help learn this process
Dr. Miller asks: How do people know if they are in the meditative state? Patt answers:
- Meditation is deeper than relaxation
- Once the body is very quiet and relaxed, then you can notice your breath and sense the rhythm to the breath
- Then you notice body sensations, visual sensations, thoughts, sounds
- Then you are in the next level: alpha (an aware state) and you look to see “who’s aware?” by noticing the observer – moving to the bridge from conscious state to meditation state/sub-conscious state
- This awareness becomes habituated for most people so it is important to learn these techniques
Patt Lind-Kyle describes her experience of the Theta brainwave state during Segment 7 of her interview with Emmett Miller, MD on Healing Times Radio. In this video, Patt describes the experience of oneness and a knowing that we are not separate from each other while experiencing the Theta brainwave state.
In this final segment of Patt Lind Kyle’s interview with Dr. Emmett Miller of Healing Times Radio, Patt talks about The Enneagram as a tool to discover what you are not.
In this video interview with Emmett Miller, MD on Healing Times Radio, Patt talks about:
- how she began her book, Heal Your Mind, Rewire Your Brain and
- the difference between spiritual consciousness and ordinary consciousness
- how an EEG machine helped Patt understand her own brain waves states and apply that knowledge for others
- how she got started working with the 4 brain waves
If playback gets stuck or hangs up, try turning off “HD” by rolling over the upper right-hand corner of the playback window and clicking “HD on” to toggle HD playback off.
Books & Audio
- Embracing the End of Life: A Journey into Dying & Awakening
- Heal Your Mind, Rewire your Brain by Patt Lind-Kyle
- Audacious Aging’s “Building Community from the Inside Out” by Patt Lind-Kyle
- When Sleeping Beauty Wakes Up by Patt Lind-Kyle
- Guided meditations by Patt Lind-Kyle on CD or MP3