Your hidden world has been a million years in the making. There is a part of your brain that evolved in a very important way for humans. You have an ancient brain that was once very much utilized by our ancestors. It allowed our ancestors to live life fully with much less tension and with more ease than we do today. However, today this part of our brain is not recognized, valued or seen as important either to understand or utilize in our daily life.
OUR PAST HISTORY
Imagine you were living many thousands of years ago at the time before there was spoken language. It was also a time we didn’t have an unconscious mind. Everything we experienced was conscious. Night dreams were as real as daytime experience. Many people felt the gods and spirits taught them directly and guided them how to live through their dreams. Being conscious of their dreams they lived their life by them because their gods were guiding them step-by-step.
LIFE IN BALANCE
These ancient ones were in harmony with themselves, with others, the natural world and the supernatural world. The reason for this harmony was that their right brain was more prominent than their left. Remember, this was before spoken language and with it the development of the left brain. Living in the right brain our ancestors possessed many talents, such as music, awareness of tones and melody so that they danced and sang the songs of birds as a major part of their life. They were open to their feelings expressing their love their sorrow and were sensitive and aware to what was happening in their inner world. They used this connection to the right brain as a guide for relationships, finding food, protection from predators and seeing things as they actually were, rather than what they would want it to be. Because they had an inner, intuitive knowing about life and animals they were in alignment with nature, supernatural forces and therefore could both survive and thrive. They were in rhythm with their bodies, communication through touch with others was natural along with sexual intimacy and there was a graceful moving within the natural process of daily life. There was the predictable tension of the dangers and physical elements in their environment, but people didn’t hold on to the flight/fright once the situation changed. In this sense life flowed and in some ways was much easier than it is today. We know from anthropological studies that our ancestors had more time to be creative, relax and have ceremonies and rituals for births, celebrations and deaths together in community.
LIFE OUT OF BALANCE
What happened to this remarkable life? Thousands of years later the left brain developed as we gained language. We began to think in words and developed sequence, logic and reason. Slowly we lost our intuition and natural rhythm. The left brain within the last few centuries has become dominate and it interferes with our emotions, our natural connection to our senses and has blocked our inner awareness. Today we are robots or slaves to this quality of mind because the left brain often refuses to utilize the right brain. Our cultural values, our education system, our technology all reinforce the left brain over the right. For example, when you make decisions how many times do you turn inside and listen to your body or a feeling in your gut or an emotion that lets you know what to decide. No, we completely by pass this interior wealth that is now socially unacceptable. We don’t know how to understand our emotions so we push them down so that when we unconsciously react to others or situations we are surprised and often overwhelmed by what we seem to feel. The result of these emotional reactions then often creates guilt, interpersonal misunderstandings and lack of acceptance toward others. Our suppressed feeling are so strong that it does not allow the natural inner world to come up to the surface to express ourselves honestly and consciously both to ourselves and others.
RETURN TO OUR NATURAL FLOW
In order to return back to reconnect to our right brain and to our natural rhythm, we must make conscious once again our inner life. We need to bring up to the surface of our conscious life our needs and desires so they can be known and heard within us. Making new choices to be more in our right brain our Life will come alive, it will be smoother, have less tension and become a life aligned with our true nature. This is our time to take back the beauty of our lives and to learn to be in balance.
Here are some suggested practices on how to tune back into your right brain.
1. Every day set a time to be quiet. Put away the left brain indoctrination of your smart phone or tablet to look at emails or Facebook comments. Sit quietly (hopefully looking at or being in nature) in order to stop the intensity of doing and thinking by practicing relaxation. Start out with just 15 minutes and increase the time gradually. Use my new CD instrumental Beta meditation track so that you learn to change the frequency of your brain into a state of physical and emotional relaxation.
2. Spend time at the end or the beginning of the day to write what is going on in your life. This practice begins to open up your inner right brain world more consciously. Create a journal just for this special time of reflection. Just write a page or two but let the writing flow so that it is a feeling of automatic writing coming from deep within. This practice begins to illicit a deeper awareness of your inner world and you will learn so much in doing it day after day. (PS: don’t type it as handwriting will activate the physical, sensory part of your right brain.)
3. Use the fourth track (theta frequency) of my guided CD, Heal Your Mind Rewire Your Brain, to start awakening your unconscious and to make it conscious once again by asking specific questions for specific answers – coming directly from your inner self.
Patt has released her new CD, Heal Your Mind, Rewire Your Brian, “Just Music” There are four tracks matching the four brain frequencies. The music has binaural beats embedded in the music to help us move into the different frequencies of our brain.
1. Beta takes you into deep relaxation.
2. Alpha widens your perception to look deeply within your self.
3. Theta opens you up to your creativity and the place of wisdom within to find answers to life’s questions.
4. And Delta takes you into that vast mystery of your existence and can bring you into oneness with Reality.
The tracks in this music album will help restore that connection to our right brain that Patt has written about above.
Order now by clicking Here We have both CDs and mp3 downloads.