In Segment 5 of Patt Lind-Kyle’s interview with Dr. Emmett Miller of Healing Times Radio, Patt talks about:
- What is the brainwave frequency called beta, what is its frequency, what does it do to the mind and what kind of behavior does one have while in beta?
- How does one reduce fast brain waves to calm the system and move into the brainwave frequency for strategic thinking (at 15 Hz within the beta range)?
- What happens around 12 Hz with our attention and ability to focus/concentrate?
In the book Heal the Mind, Rewire the Brain, Patt looks at these 3 areas and suggests exercises to manage these brainwave states:
1) Learning to relax the entire body in order to get to know the body and reduce pain
2) Using the CD’s to help learn this process
Dr. Miller asks: How do people know if they are in the meditative state? Patt answers:
- Meditation is deeper than relaxation
- Once the body is very quiet and relaxed, then you can notice your breath and sense the rhythm to the breath
- Then you notice body sensations, visual sensations, thoughts, sounds
- Then you are in the next level: alpha (an aware state) and you look to see “who’s aware?” by noticing the observer – moving to the bridge from conscious state to meditation state/sub-conscious state
- This awareness becomes habituated for most people so it is important to learn these techniques